Wednesday, March 11, 2020

SELF LEARNING GOALS

What do I want out of this Honours year?

Ultimately, I want the time and space to test out and hone my practice, so I can be a more capable and equipped thinker and maker. This means developing productive, healthy and fulfilling structures of work so I know how to maximise myself and my time. 

I want to ask questions beyond the brief, to challenge my own thinking and the status quo. On Monday the idea of Critical Practices’ (Mazé, 2009) was brought up, and that approach to design really resonated with me. I want to unpack and expand my own process, and am excited to be able to do that in the collaborative design-research space of honours.

Mazé, R. (2009). Critical of What? / Kritiska mot vad?, in M. Ericson, et al. (eds) Iaspis Forum on Design and Critical Practice – The reader. Sternberg Press / Iaspis, Berlin.

Edited, 22/03/2020

I do want to try as many things as possible. Just make and iterate and ideate. Get things out and move on to the next thing if they're not working. I want to really listen and take on what we're being offered, and the bits of feedback in between. 

I want to help myself to actually focus and listen and make things that I get excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment